Monday, January 13, 2014

Stationary or Stationery?


I would like to take a moment to clarify the difference between the meaning of the words stationery and stationary.  I am ALWAYS surprised when people in the "print world" do not know the correct spelling.  I see it everyday with retailers around the country.  I figured since people in the"biz" do not seem to know the difference then I am certain that most other people that do not sell paper for a living do not know the proper spelling (and why would they?).  I am always looking to learn, I hope you are as well and that you find this to be a Party Cat "fun fact"!  Another "fun fact" on the same subject; you will sometimes see both spellings from retailers/e-tailers on Google, this is for search engine optimization, allowing you (the consumer) to spell it either way and still find what you are looking for.
Maybe this post will push you to go buy some beautiful new stationery (on sale at Party Cat) to write those long overdue thank you notes!

STATIONARY:


STATIONERY:

Personalized Stationery

No comments: